Characteristics of the HP OfficeJet 6000
The four LED displays on the front side of the printer are used to turn the device on and off, or to cancel or proceed with printing. The fourth LED is used to check the LAN connection. There are four additional colour LED displays (based on the colour of the ink) on the front side of the HP OfficeJet 6000 for the four ink cartridges. Said displays indicate the functionality of the individual cartridges. A five-page text document is printed out in 41 seconds. A colour photo on an A4 sheet is printed out in good quality in 3 minutes and 35 seconds. The paper tray for the HP OfficeJet 6000 is designed for 250 sheets. The output tray has a capacity of 50 DIN A4 pages. The B4 and A4 formats, envelopes and photo paper up to 250 grams per square meter are supported. With a noise level of 54 decibels, the printer is in a standard range. Printing costs come out to two cents for a DIN A4 text page, and just over one euro for a photo print. Even fine lines can be easily recognized without limitation in the printing quality.
Replacing the ink cartridges in the HP OfficeJet 6000
The following points must be observed when replacing the ink cartridges:
- Turn on printer.
- Completely open the access cover for the ink cartridges.
- The cartridge holder automatically moves to the middle.
- Press on the front side of the ink cartridge so that it is loosened out of the locking mechanism.
- Remove ink cartridge.
- Hold up the print head so that no ink can leak out.
- Remove the orange cover from the new cartridge with a slight twist.
- Press the ink cartridge into the holder until it clicks into place.